Tuesday, November 10, 2009





i have friends. shocking perhaps, but true. --i have friends who... well, who are funny. at least they're funny to me because they would never understand the life that i now lead. i look at their blogs which are festooned with martha stewart-esque photos and ideas for projects and perfectly coifed children and comments about the horror that are red-necks. these are the same people who would never understand the above pics of my husband and i who spent a weekend night not too long ago cutting up and grinding the deer he had shot the week before.

true confessions, though? i wouldn't have understood it either until i lived it. and you know what? it ain't that bad.--though sometimes i do wish i were the type to have martha stewart -esque photos and perfectly coifed children.

5 comments:

alison said...

i mean it's cool that you do that and everything don't get me wrong. but do you really have to post PICTURES of it??

Megan said...

Your children are always wonderfully coifed. Seriousy... Scouties ALWAYS has a bow! And we would have come to help you, give us a call next time!

Julia said...

yes, alison. i am, in fact, REQUIRED to post pictures of it.

Cotten Tales said...

I shock people regularly when I tell the tales of my day to day life. yes, I eat the eggs that are laid in the coop out back, I raise and eat the beef that was raised out back and yes, I did teach my husband how to process the game he has shot and brought home. A few years ago, he got an elk on the last day and I processed it by myself on my birthday while he was at work. I did take pictures and text them to him as his co-workers didn't believe it. And yes, I do have a specific apron for this type of job that still has the blood stains to prove it.

Kari said...

funny that i read this post...i don't often read blogs, much less write on mine. but, as i was scanning your blog, this is the post i stopped at. i think that's saying something.