Monday, January 4, 2010

2009, i bid thee farewell.

best book(s) i read in 2009:
  * The Book Thief
  *  The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

best movie i saw in 2009:
   * Julie and Julia (the story of my MIL and me. haha. i kid--good movie though)

best month in 2009:
   * march. by far. got myself a new daughter. goood, good times.

best thing(s) i did for myself:
   * started walking in the mornings with a neighbor
   * started doing a freezer meal exchange w/  friends
   * participated in a rotating play group
   * got a babysitter to come over every wednesday during december so i could christmas shop on my own

welcome 2010.
  
resolutions:
   * be more of a doer.
   * laundry and cleaning the house. as in staying caught up on such things.
   * regaining my spiritual self. pretty sure i lost it somewhere in '09.
   * finding a way to do what i love. be involved in theatrical-ness, which will start with the roadshow. i'm in charge this year. small time, you say? yes, well, we must all start somewhere.
   * being the spouse i would like to have. that sounds kinda weird, i suppose. this is not to say that B is not the kind of spouse i would like to have. it IS to say that i have not been the kind of spouse i would like to have. pretty sure i should change this.
   * when i have an idea...DO IT!!!
   * work on my crafty side.
 

4 comments:

Janna said...

I like to read your blog. Because you post things like this...and I say, "I have a cool sister. Wish I could see her more."

Nan said...

You are certainly the daughter I want to have.XOXO

Julia said...

aw, mom. thanks. you say this even though 2009 was the year of the grumpy julia? only a mother's love...:)

Michelle said...

Guernsey was my favorite book of the year too. I keep hearing about Book Thief...might need to pick that up.
Good resolutions, maybe I should set some....